The Swedish pop star, Zara Larsson is by definition, an international phenomenon. At the tender age of 19 she has racked up seven hits in 14 months and to celebrate the release of her debut album, So Good we challenged the singer to partake in a Swedish Sing-a-long. Can you work out Ed Sheeran’s Shape of You?
Not only can Zara turn a pop hit into Swedish it turns out she has quite a few hidden depths… here are 7 things you need to know about Miss Larsson…
1. Her album, So Good has become the most streamed debut album by a female artist on Spotify with a total of 1,322,605,804 streams. Wowza. But that could just be because we have it constantly on repeat…GUILTY!
2. Zara is quite the lolmerchant on twitter, here’s a little taster…
3. The singer announced two years ago that she suffers from sleep paralysis, a condition that means you have an temporary inability to move or speak that occurs when you are waking up or falling asleep.
4. She doesn’t hold back on Instagram, either. Famously even posting an image of herself with a condom pulled over her leg to call out guys who "‘think they’re too big to wear protection." YES. GURL.
5. Zara wrote her smash hit single, Never Forget You, a duet with British singer, MNEK IN TWO HOURS. Skills!
6. She kick started her career on Sweden’s answer to Britain’s Got Talent, Talang Sverige at just 10 years old, winning the competition with a version of Celine Dion’s My Heart Will Go On and scooping £42,6000 in the process. The performance involved wind machines. That’s. All.
7. Those moves of hers are classically trained as Zara attended the Royal Swedish Ballet School.
8. She's quite the Topshop pro... case and point below...