Fresh from the Spring Summer 2014 runway, we caught up with John Barrett for Alterna Haircare, who created the hairstyles for the new collection from Katie Holmes' fashion brand Holmes & Yang.
Speaking about his inspiration, John told us, “For Spring/Summer 2014, Holmes & Yang presented classic styles with a variety of textures and lines. To complement the earthy brown tones of the seductive smokey eyes, I went with an effortless, laid-back look with lots of tousled texture. A wearable-do whether she is headed to an office meeting or about to embark on the ultimate travel adventure”.
And now you can get this runway-ready look in a few easy steps:
· Prep hair with Alterna Haircare's Caviar CC Cream by applying a 10p size amount throughout sections of the hair
· Spray a liberal amount of dry shampoo throughout the scalp to create a starting base. For extra wavy texture, spray Alterna's Bamboo Style Boho Waves Spray from the mid-section of hair towards the ends
· For extra lift at the roots, use an uplifting spray while separating hair into sections. Secure with a hairdryer, aiming towards the scalp to hold the lift. Then, wrap one inch sections around a curling iron and hold for 15 seconds
· When you have finished curling your entire head, shake up the curls using fingers to create a messy look. Scrunch with wave spray for extra texture
· Push hair into a deep side parting, then French braid from the nape of neck, twisting and adding sections to the braid until you reach the opposite ear
· Secure with a clear elastic band, and twist and tuck the braid underneath by pinning into place with grips
· For a more undone, effortless look, pull out a few strands near the face and finish with Alterna's Bamboo Smooth Kendi Dry Oil Micromist for a boost of shine NL