Summer is apparently nearly over but we’re in no rush to ditch all the fun things that come with it and, odds are, there will be an Indian Summer anyway.
Here are the frozen cocktails we’ll be drinking all year round. (Rooftop bars optional.)
Strawberry Frosé Recipe (by Muriel’s Kitchen)
Serves: 1 (large)
- 100ml strawberry puree
- 50ml gomme syrup
- 50ml Martini Rosso
- 50ml of rosé wine
- 50ml Sangiovese
- 15 ice cubes
Simply tip into a blender and whizz into a slush.
Strawberries & Cream Iced Tea (by Kanuka)
Spiked ice tea with strawberries and cream for a refreshing summer sip, mixed with rum or your favourite spirit.
- 250ml water
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 2 heaped Teaspoons of Kanuka Strawberries and Cream Tea (Double the normal amount put into normal tea.)
- 4 large ripe strawberries.
- A slice of lemon chopped in Half.
- 3 mint leaves.
- 2 crushed and chopped mint leaves.
- 25ml (one shot) of your choice of rum
- Measure 250ml of cold water; thoroughly mix in a teaspoon of Honey.
- Add 4 ripe strawberries chopped, a slice of lemon halved.
- 3 whole mint leaves and 2 chopped and crushed mint leaves.
- Add 2-heaped teaspoons of Kanuka Strawberries and Cream Tea and leave in the fridge for 8 hours.
- When ready, pour though a tea strainer saving the some of the strawberries if you like them soaked and add and mix with your choice of rum.
- Finish by adding fresh mint and lemon and service with ice.
Ice Lolly Fizz (by The Botanist)
An ice lolly in a glass of Prosecco.
- Melon spritz poptail by LAPP added to a glass of Prosecco
- Put the poptail into 125ml glass of prosecco
Brewin’ Up (by Drake & Morgan)
A refreshing combination of Yakima Red beer, Chamomile & Jasmine teas, sugar and lemon juice.
- 50ml Arbikie Kirstie’s Gin
- 50ml ‘Brew Cordial’ (Meantime Yakima Red, Chamomile & Jasmine teas, sugar, water, citric & malic acid)
- 12.5ml Lemon Juice
- Lemon wedge
- Sprig of mint
- Combine all ingredients in a shaker and shake hard over cubed ice. Strain in to a hi-ball glass filled with cubed ice and garnish with a lemon wedge and a sprig of mint.
Walk About Collins (by Dickie Fitz)
A refreshing combination of kiwi, lemon and vodka, finished with ice and soda.
- 1 kiwi, finely sliced
- 50ml of '42 Below' Kiwi Vodka
- 25ml of lemon Juice
- 2tbsp of powdered sugar
- Soda water
- Crushed ice or ice cubes
- add sugar and lemon juice to a tall glass, mix
- add vodka and fill glass half way with ice
- Top up with cold soda water and stir
- Add garnish and straw – enjoy!