Matcha Green Tea
The Japanese have the longest life expectancy in the world, and they've finally let us in on one of their secrets - matcha green tea. A tradition in Japanese culture, matcha is a detoxifier, cancer-fighter, fat-burner and so much more.
We know what you’re thinking, there are so many green teas on the market so what’s so special about this one? What are the matcha green tea benefits? Matcha is not like any of the other green teas out there, one glass of matcha is equivalent to 10 glasses of green tea in terms of its nutritional value and antioxidant content (yes, really!). When you brew a cup of green tea most of the benefits remain trapped in the tea leaves whereas matcha’s straight, stoneground tea leaves provide you with green teas powerful boost of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, AND amino acids.
If you’re still not convinced on the benefits of matcha green tea powder? We’ve rounded up 5 reasons why it should be part of your daily routine...
1. Superfood powerhouse
It’s packed to the max with antioxidants. These naturally occurring chemical compounds in matcha prevent ageing and chronic diseases, 20 times more than pomegranates or blueberries!
2. But wait, it gets better…
Out of all the antioxidants, the catechin epigallocatechin gallate (EGCg) is the most widely recognised for its cancer fighting properties. Matcha green tea contains over 100 times more EGCg than any other tea. And here’s the best bit, since over 60% of the catechins in matcha are EGCg, a daily matcha regimen can improve your body’s well-being and balance.
3. The teatox of all teatoxes
Ditch that awful liquid diet of lemon juice and cayenne pepper! The chlorophyll in matcha is so much richer than in other green teas that it helps to act as a gentle detoxifier. Yes, you read that right, chlorophyll. Flashback to Biology class in school, that same pigment that gives tea leaves their green colour also helps to remove chemicals and heavy metals from your body. AMAZING.
4. Weight loss wonder
Matcha boosts metabolism and burns fat, and it’s nothing like those diets that leave you drained and unable to focus. The amino acid L-Theanine contained in matcha leaves produce dopamine and serotonin which enhance your mood, improve memory, and promote better concentration. It really is the tea of dreams!
5. Keeps you cool, calm and collected
Buddhist monks have been drinking matcha for hundreds of years to keep them focused and alert whilst they meditate. Matcha is the perfect afternoon pick-me-up that’ll keep you calm and provide that extra needed focus during a stressful day at work.
A detox tea is the best way to rid your body of toxins and unhealthy substances. Why you ask? It's a much gentler approach as it involves adding a few herbal cups to your existing, healthy diet instead of replacing your meals entirely.
Here are the 5 best detox teas you should try:
1. Dr Stuarts Detox Tea - Caffeine-free and filled with pure natural flavours, this tea will help you feel great and kick-start a new you.
2. Twining's Lemon & Ginger - Not only is it a warm hug in a mug, you can drink your way to perfect hair and skin as it's rich in vitamins and antioxidants.
3. Skinny Tea - This all-natural detox tea is an aid for a healthier lifestyle, boosting your energy levels whilst helping you lose weight.
4. Yogi DeTox - Packed with detoxifiying herbs and botanicals such as dandelion root and burdock, this tea will work to support your liver function and filter impurities from your body.
5. Pukka Detox - Your body will be completely cleansed with the 100% organic herbs in this tea, plus it smells and tastes heavenly too.