1. Undoubtedly, the last scene in Season One’s final episode is one of the best – if not the best – ever scenes in the series so far. Daenerys reigns supreme in this epic finale, literally becoming the Mother of Dragons.
2. Not to pick favourites, but was anyone rooting for Joffrey? Even so, his death was a hard one to watch during The Purple Wedding scene of Season Four, Episode Two (The Lion and the Rose).
3. We had to include this climactic scene because, a) it is an incredible battle, and b) the visual impact is insane. With one hell of a fireworks display as Wildfire explodes uncontrollably, The Battle of Blackwater in Season Two, Episode Nine kept us all on the edge of our seats.
4. “The Rains of Castamere” episode of Season Three was shocking to say the least, but we were all saw it coming, right? Infamously known as The Red Wedding, this bloody moment in the series has tragic endings for more than one of our fav characters.
5. Opening the entire show and setting imaginations running was the mystifying White Walker scene beyond the Wall. Season One, Episode One kicked off the show with an air of eerie thrill as audiences watched with anticipation (and just a little confusion) to see what Game of Thrones was all about.
6. Another day, another death. This scene from Season One, Episode Nine has one of the first truly upsetting ends. The execution of Eddard Stark not only gave us a glimpse into Joffrey’s ruthlessness but it also pretty much started the war that the next three seasons are all about. Thanks we guess…
7. Season One, Episode Six and another key scene with Daenerys, as she passes the Dothraki’s test of eating an entire bloody horse heart to become Khal Drogo’s Khaleesi. Gory, impressive and weirdly romantic, this scene is one of the best ever.
Read More: Game of Thrones series 6 trailer + what we (think!) might happen next...