Tom Ford has long been fashion’s dish of the day; the cheekbones, the perfectly trimmed beard, those piercing eyes and the small matter of his enormous… TALENT, mean his beauty goes far beyond his clothes. But there is a new hot designer on the scene in more ways than one. Simon Porte AKA Jacquemus. Not only do we want to wear everything he creates, we kinda (read: really) want to perv on him, too. Here’s what you need to know about the man of the moment, including some sensible information but largely visual points...
1. Firstly every fashion girl on the planet wants to wear the designer’s modernist take on tailoring with exaggerated proportions and a spot of colour blocking. Simon Porte’s latest collection for his label, Jacquemus, was a somewhat surreal take on French dressing and was a firm favourite during Paris Fashion Week. So get on the waiting list, like, now.
2. He’s French, so has that really sexy accent thing going on. It’s basically like having a liquid galaxy bar poured into your ears.
3. Two words: THAT. BEARD.
4. Cute-azoid: alongside pictures of his muses, Philippine Chaumont and Clara 3000, a younger portrait of himself starred in his SS16 ad.
5. Simon started his own brand from scratch whilst working at Comme des Garcons and he’s still only 26-years-old. Take a moment to process that.
6. He gives great 'gram. The designer loves to post the same image three times making for very pleasing pixels and creating a holy trinity of Instagram proportions in the process.
7. He likes to nickname his puppy ‘Bebe’ and recently put the pooch down his top, revealing a nice amount of chest hair at the same time. The pair share similar puppy dog eyes, making for quite the duo. He is also a friend to the donkies (weirdly he has loads of selfies with the creatures, because, WTF not?), so he's like the fashion version of Ace Ventura.
8. Jacquemus, the brand, is named after his mother’s maiden name.
9. Porte knows his way around a good accessory. Monet-inspired summer hats, anyone? YES. PLEASE.
10. The designer is so hot right now that, according to NET-A-PORTER, the brand instantly sells out when it lands on-site and having recently launched an exclusive capsule collection with the brand, entitled 'Bleu Blanc'. His most popular styles are the wrap-effect pinstriped wool-pique mini dress, the one-shoulder striped cotton poplin and ribbed-knit top, say the peeps at NET-A-PORTER, having sold 80% of these styles since they dropped. Major.
10. Sensible fact alert: the Parisian designer was nominated for the LVHM Prize for Young Fashion Designers before being beaten by the young Brits, Marques’ Almeida.
11. Post-show Simon likes takes a bow with bare feet. Meaning he’s very grounded and at one with the world in a retro hippy way.
12. Rihanna loves him too. The singer wore a striped high waisted trouser and open shirt combo to meet with Prince Harry last week. Thus giving Mr Porte the ultimate celebrity endorsement.
13. He really works the French fisherman vibe. Niche but equally stunning.
14. Finally, scroll back up and appreciate THOSE beach babe pics. We rest our case.