Now, Kim Kardashian doesn’t turn 35 every day and with Kanye West for a husband and Kylie I-buy-my-friends-Mercedes Jenner for a sister, when she did we were expecting something pretty massive.
But, in true Kardashian form, there were still elements of her bash that outdid our expectations. We break down the details...
- Kanye rented out a whole movie theatre which actually, when you think about it, seems like quite a Kanye thing to do but Kim was adorably surprised by it (even after THAT Mother's Day present): 'My husband never ceases the amaze me! He rented out an entire movie theatre'.
- They watched the Steve Jobs film – which Kim was a big fan of, saying: ‘It's sooooo good BTW’.
- Instead of a dress code, guests were given fake baby bumps on arrival to look like pregnant Kim.
- Kanye had bought, what was essentially, a wedding cake.
- There were more flowers at the party than we’ve ever seen anywhere ever.
- Kourtney Kardashian shared the ultimate picture of her and Kim; an unexpected throwback shot.
- Khloe Kardashian posted a picture of them looking pretty darned fabulous. (Less surprising.)
- Kim and Kylie put aside their long-running rift about who influenced whose style, with Kylie posting a picture of them both in matching Canadian tuxedos on her website with the caption: 'Kim has always had amazing style! It's possible I've learned a few things from her along the way.'
- The most unexpected, and best thing about the whole day, was Kim’s 35 Things I’ve Learned Before Turning 35… Our favourites? 'White flowers go with everything', 'airplane bathrooms have great lighting for selfies', 'always use body oil to keep your skin moist!' and, then she gets a bit Baz Luhrmann with, 'always wear sunscreen'.
We think it sounds like a fun old event - churros and the Steve Jobs film, what's not to like? - and Kim seemed to think so, too: 'Not sure if that was to make me feel less huge or just a fun cool theme but I loved it & had the best time ever, feeling so very comfortable eating churros with a bunch of pregnant women! Just what I needed, the perfect chill yummy food birthday!!!!' Nice one, Kanye.