Denim Wardrobe by Trilogy
When John Lewis and Trilogy met it was denim perfection.
What do the two brands have in common – amazing customer service. And now jeans. They have collaborated with a brand new lifestyle concept with a dedicated space within the Peter Jones store and online.
I paid a visit to the newly opened Denim Wardrobe by Trilogy to find personally trained denim experts on hand with amazing knowledge of styles and fits to help to find your perfect jean (yes there is such a thing). With a selection of well edited brands on offer including J Brand and Paige, you can easily find your next skinny jeans, boyfriend, crop or even flare. It really isn't scary. Promise.
Here’s what I learnt -
1. ALWAYS wash your jeans inside out and on a cold wash to help keep the colour and wash. NEVER put them in the dryer or on the radiator to dry.
2. Flares are HUGE for this summer. Take the shoes you are intending on wearing with them to check the length. If you need to shorten them too much they may turn from a flare to a boot cut!!
3. With all the amazing new denim technology in the fabrics you should only wash your jeans every 10-15 wears. This will make them last longer.
4. If you want an loose boyfriend jeans then don’t be scared to go up a size if you want a more relaxed fit or down if you want slimmer.
5. If the waistband at the back doesn’t fit but otherwise they are perfect DON’T PANIC it is very easy to get a tailor to take them in behind a belt loop.
I tested out some myself. Guess which ones I brought.
Paige 'Jimmy Jimmy Skinny Boyfriend' - available to buy soon.
Paige 'High Rise Bell Canyon Flare' - available to buy soon.