What a night it was when the cream of the British Fashion crop were crowned at the British Fashion Awards.
* Victoria Beckham gliding into the party in a power-shouldered Victoria Beckham Collection dress making us wonder "Did we really used to call her a WAG?".
* Kate Moss wearing a flamenco-style floor-skimmer of a frock by John Galliano for Christian Dior as she accepted the London 25 Award (celebrating her as the embodiment of London fashion) from Vivienne Westwood.
* The news that golden boy Christopher Kane is coming back to London – Hurrah! (Kane went home with a handful of awards, too)
* Peter Pilotto winning Best Young Designer. Peter's frocks graced the svelte forms of several fashion editors as well as Claudia Schiffer at the awards, quite an accomplishment!
* The gloriously russet-haired Karen Elson working a little Twilight chic in her vampiric red velvet Alexander McQueen gown. Elson also unfortunately suffered a (rather dramatic) fashion-related injury as she fell clean off the six foot high stage. Like a true pro, she got right back up and presented Grace Coddington with her gong to a round of applause and only sought medical attention once her presenting duties were completed. Ouch!
* Model mums and daughters gracing the ceremony in the form of brunette beauties Yasmin and Amber Le Bon as well as Jerry Hall and Georgia May Jagger flying the flag for the blondes.
* There was even a royal in the house with Princess Beatrice attending (the pre bash cocktails took place at her pad, St James's Palace) and palling up with Pixie Geldof.
A fabulously fashionable night had by all!
By Pat McNulty