1. This Viktor & Rolf dress she wore in 2010 marked the beginning of the eccentric outfits Rihanna would soon become notorious for. Her blonde mohawk and the chiffon tulle layered netting add drama to this head turning look.
2. The singer put her best foot forward in this one-leg catsuit at the 2010 Pepsi Super Bowl Fan Jam in Miami. She finished off the look with fishnets, white heels and her rock star attitude.
3. Rihanna hit the red carpet at the Echo Music Awards in 2010 in a batwing jumpsuit by Alexandre Vauthier. The shoulder pads plus down-to-the-navel-neckline plus smoky eye all screamed FIERCE.
4. The star gave us some serious David Bowie Eighties vibes with red hair and this futuristic black and white number. The oversized shoulder pads were wait for it… air-inflated (yes, really!).
5. She went all mis-matched at the UK launch of her Reb'l Fleur Fragrance in 2011 in this turquoise ostrich feather ensemble by Lincolnshire-born designer, Antonio Berardi. We love the pearls and curls for that added chic factor.
6. Who else could pull off vertical AND horizontal stripes other than Miss Fenty herself? She borrowed it from the boys in Acne menswear and a cobalt Raf Simons mens coat, adding a feminine flair with cat-eye sunglasses and a bright red lip.
7. Never one to shy away from making a fashion statement, RiRi wore a fishnet top and leather skirt to the Balmain show after party in Paris 2014. The Queen of controversy showed the fash pack how it’s done.
8. If she’s gonna wear floor-length couture she’s gotta show some skin too, of course. “I pretty much snatched it off the runway.” Rihanna said of her Jean Paul Gaultier dress at the 53rd Annual Grammy Awards.
9. She sashayed along the red carpet in 230,000 Swarovski crystals and not much else at the 2014 CFDAs where she picked up the Fashion Icon Award. The Adam Selman frock was all everyone was talking about for weeks after.
10. You shall go to the ball! This pretty-as-a-princess gown by Giambattista Valli is surely the dress of every girl’s dreams.