The day is upon us... You can actually buy a ticket to see Star Wars 7 in the cinema TODAY - and people are, with one selling every second!
The London premiere was predictably fabulous, with the cast (and a dog) turning out in Leicester Square.
And let’s just take a moment to appreciate the dresses of the night – they were SO BEAUTIFUL.
As well as the dressed-up superfans, there were some things that were a little less expected... Here's everything you need to know about:
1) Lupita Nyong'o's metallic blue lip - courtesy of Lancome, FYI. And that Proenza Schouler dress? Urrrmazing.
2) HOW incredible was Daisy Ridley's bespoke Roland Mouret dress?
3) This superfan... Though insensitive use of the word 'were'.
4) The Beckham boiz' cute matching looks.
5) Carrie Fisher brought her dog with her, and then sat on the floor with it. We can't even with this tongue shot.
6) The Cumberbatchs' matching hair colour.
Not feeling Star Warsy yet? (Yes, that's a thing.) Check THIS OUT...
Disney turned Nelson's Column into a light saber! (For a cool £24,000.)
Even the LA premiere got us excited. (Including those in the office who’ve never really watched the franchise in their lives and had been revising the cheat sheet.) As well as the predictable glitz, quite a few unexpected things happened at the TCL Chinese Theatre...
1) Joseph Gordon-Levitt worked the red carpet as
Shrek Yoda – the Jedi master - in Grinch trousers.
2) John Boyega, a well-received newbie to the Star Wars films, donned one leather glove in honour of Luke Skywalker.
3) Sofia Vergara really got into the zone with Princess Leia buns - and she wasn’t the only one. Maria Menounos also went for a Leia-inspired updo.
4) Lupita Nyong’o went as Star Warsy as possible while wearing an amazing dress rather than a costume. The actress, who plays Maz Kanata in the film, wore a sparkly Alexandre Vauthier number.
5) There was a classic Star Wars cast reunion with Harrison Ford - who has surprised viewers with how much he’s actually in it - Carrie Fisher, Anthony Daniels and Mark Hamill, who are all in The Force Awakens.
6) Maybe rather more surprising was the impromptu Scrubs reunion, with Zach Braff and Donald Faison both walking the red carpet.
7) It was always going to be kiiind of a big deal but there were Storm Troopers marching around the venue, while R2-D2, C-3PO and Droid BB-8 were papped on the red carpet.
8) Steven Spielberg went cool and casual in a suit jacket and jeans. #NBD
9) Jaime King wore a pretty curious Monse Maison dress.
10) Zendaya mixed things up even more with a red carpet roll-neck.
11) Domhnall Gleeson brought his Dad, Brendan (Mad-Eye Moody) Gleeson!
12) Carrie Fisher got a bit sweary on a live red carpet broadcast, saying ‘shit’ three times to the amusement of her daughter.
13) Andy Serkis confirmed it was in fact the seventh film, on his fingers.
14) Daisy Ridley, the actress who amazingly seems to have won over seasoned Star Wars-ers, wore bespoke Chloe.
Read more: Your ultimate Star Wars 7 cheat sheet...
So aside from the 9.5/10 it's getting on IMDB, here's what people are saying about Star Wars 7...