1. She’s a smart cookie. She’s bilingual, having studied French and Italian at Oxford University and later at the esteemed Jacques Loco School of theatre in Paris. It figures; Cumberbatch’s sister has said in the past that any girlfriend of her brother would need to be “pretty smart to keep up with him.”
2. She’s an award-winning director. In 2007 (when she was just 27) she received the prestigious Samuel Beckett award for writing and directing her play, The Terrific Electric in 2007 at the Barbican.
3. She pretty much runs four theatre companies. She co-founded the Lacuna Theatre Company, is artistic director of The Boiler Room, is associate director at the Broadhurst Theatre and serves as collaborating director with the Phantom Limb Company.
4. She’s also a thesp. She met Cumberbatch on the film, Burlesque Fairytales in 2009 whilst other credits include roles in Torchwood, Midsummer Murders and the film Vanity Fair.
5. She recorded an album (!) with Robbie William’s old song writing partner Guy Chambers under the name The Isis Project. She provided the vocals – in perfect French. Obvs.
6. To top all of that, she’s a good egg who wants to make the world a better place to live in. She co-founded The Lacuna Theatre with the National Multiple Sclerosis Society. Together, their aim is to promote understanding of disability through theatre.
By Niki Browes / @NikiInStyle