So don’t get hung up on the fact that Jennifer Lawrence is single, and if she is then what does it mean for the rest of us mere mortals. Nah, that’s not the positive way to look at it — and if you start down that route, you’ll end up just sobbing streaming The Hunger Games on repeat.
Instead, let’s focus on how excellent she deals with the whole thing — not that it’s (all) bad, far from it! There’s loads of benefits; you can do your own independent thang, you can spread out over a whole bed, you can work or travel anywhere in the world, you can leave a suitcase on your bedroom floor after a holiday without feeling like you’ve failed at life… And loads more things that shouldn’t be forgotten when you’re feeling a bit soz.
When asked about her dating life at the premiere of A Beautiful Planet, she said ‘what dating life? […] I haven’t felt the touch of a man in…’ before LOLing. That’s how to deal with those annoying questions.
Here are the times J-Law and the famous 'singletons' made us feel better about being sans plus one — #singlegoals, if you will…
1) ‘All I need in a relationship is someone to watch TV with’ – Jennifer Lawrence
2) ‘People always go, ‘Aren’t you afraid of being alone or dying alone?’ And I just go, ‘I’ve also been in relationships where I’ve been shockingly alone.’ I don’t agree with the idea that you have to have that or it’s a failed life.’ – George Clooney
3) ‘If you're comfortable with yourself—which everyone can get to, to some extent — that's when you start getting into who is your real self.’ – Shirley MacLaine
4) ‘I need relationships, but sometimes when I am in one I feel claustrophobic. It is about feeling that I still have my freedom, that I have choices. I don't look back on the past because I like to live in the present. I know this makes some people think I probably never cared, but I need my freedom and I like to keep moving.’ – Juliet Binoche
5) ‘Women are realizing it more and more knowing that they don't have to settle with a man just to have that child. Times have changed and that is also what is amazing is that we do have so many options these days.’ – Jennifer Aniston
6) ‘I’m into monogamy. But I’m not really into marriage. I sort of hate the legal aspect of it.’ – Natalie Portman
7) ‘Instead of getting married again, I’m going to find a woman I don’t like and just give her a house.’- Rod Stewart
Want more where this came from? Here's 10 annoying things not to say to a woman with no children. Ever.