Oh Shia, a refreshing spritz of originality is an industry where everyone’s kept firmly in check by their people.
Not Mr LaBeouf though, he just does WTF he pleases.
Here’s our favourite Shia moments ever…
1. We didn’t think anything Shia LaBeouf did could surprise us anymore — but then he only went and got married at Viva Las Vegas and, wait for it, live streamed the whole thing, from Mia Goth getting out of the car to the Elvis-officiated ceremony and dancing. And it’s actually so sweet…
But it turns out that all the fun didn't actually result in a marriage, as Clark County Nevada have confirmed that no legal union took place. Does that mean we have another one to look forward to?!
2. Shia's Tweeted co-ordinates for a while before it was revealed it was for the sake of art (again). The actor's Tweets, when looked at together on Google Earth, spelled 'Take Me Anywhere' which was explained in a revelation post with the hashtag #TAKEMEANYWHERE and a link to a Vice article explaining what was actually going on.
3. You know that guy in New York, Mario Licato, who got punched in the face because ‘he looked exactly like Shia LaBeouf’? He actually rung him and left him a voicemail saying he wished he could bring him soup, and the only reason Mario knew about it was because Shia wrote on one of his Instagram pictures.
4. That live stream movie marathon of his own movies in reverse chronological order (aka #ALLMYMOVIES) which drew in hundreds of IRL onlookers and zillions of internet watchers, where he didn’t even attempt to look like he was having a great great time but fell asleep.
5. When he got pizza delivered in a lift, where he spent 24 hours prepping for an Oxford University debate as an ‘art performance’.
6. If there’s any music video you’d want to be in, and anyone you’d want to be in it with, it would HUNDY P be a Sia song and Maddie Ziegler — and throw in a big cage for good measure.
7. It’s actually unheard of for celebrities to chat openly about their lives, but the sole reason anyone knows about Shia and Mia Goth’s engagement was because he told a supermarket cashier.
8. That one time he skipped — plus snazzy tricks) for an hour straight (which he called Meditation For Narcissists) that’s not only hella impressive but seems to take the piss out of the Insta-zen crowd.
9. He’s got THE most eclectic filmography — IMBD page, yeh — probably ever. Holes? Nymphomaniac (one AND two)? Even Stevens? Transformers? Disturbia?
10. Did you SEE him dancing down the Cannes red carpet? That's how it's done...
The man’s a genius…