Riri is taking a turn on The Voice US next season
Rihanna as a reality TV mentor? We never thought we’d see the day, but the Diamonds singer does like to surprise us. It’s just been announced that Bad Gal Riri is set to join The Voice US as a ‘key advisor’, bringing her multi platinum musical knowledge to the small screen. Here’s what we know so far…
1. Rihanna will mentor contestants from all four teams, headed by Gwen Stefani, Adam Levine, Pharrell Williams and country singer Blake Shelton.
2. NBC Entertainment, who own The Voice in America, seem very pleased with their latest mentor, calling Rihanna “one of music’s true supervisors coming on board to influence the lives and careers of the performers”.
3. After Rihanna has worked her magic on the contestants before the knockout rounds, Selena Gomez, Missy Elliott, rock singer John Fogerty and country star Brad Paisley will join the main coaches to whip their team into shape.
4. Rihanna follows in the footsteps of Taylor Swift, Chris Martin and Cher, who have all been key advisors in the last eight series of the singing competition.
5. This isn’t the first time Rihanna has starred on The Voice. She performed Diamonds on the Series 3 finale.
6. It’s not Riri’s first turn as a reality show judge, either. In 2013, she hosted Styled To Rock, a UK fashion competition that saw aspiring designers compete to eventually dress Rihanna for a live performance.
7. Remember Rihanna and Maroon 5’s 2009 collaboration, If I Ever See Your Face Again? Guess you will seeing each other pretty soon, guys…
8. It’s been a big year for Rihanna, who has landed a Dior campaign, adopted a puppy, gone grey, inspired pizza memes worldwide thanks to her Met Gala Gown and lent her voice to the animated film Home (catch the interview below). After The Voice, who knows what Bad Gal Riri is planning next.
The Voice US returns to American screens on September 21st.