Priyanka Chopra — know the face, but not the name? This Indian actress has been around since the early 2000s in her home country, but now she’s branching out.
You’re about to see a lot more of the actress, singer, dancer, model, Miss World winner and philanthropist, but who exactly is she? Read on to get to know Miss Chopra.
1. Priyanka was born on July 18th, 1982, in Bihar, India.
2. She moved to the US to study aged 13, but headed back home three years later to finish her education.
Read More: The Bollywood actresses making it big outside of India
3. Priyanka originally had her sights set on engineering or psychiatry…
4. …but switched to acting after a flurry of film offers in 2000.
5. It might have had something to do with her winning Miss World 2000, the 5th Indian woman to do so.
6. Since her silver screen debut, Priyanka has starred in Bollywood films including The Hero: Love Story of a Spy, Barfi, Fashion, Don and Krrish.
7. In fact, she’s one of Bollywood’s highest-paid actresses, with her net worth rumoured to be around $8million.
8. After 15 years in India, Priyanka is making the move to Hollywood, starring opposite Zac Efron and Kelly Rohrbach in the upcoming Baywatch remake, due out in 2017.
9. You can also catch her on the small screen in Quantico on Alibi. Priyanka plays an FBI trainee and suspected terrorist Alex Parrish. Not the best combination…
10. Priyanka actually made history with this role, being the first South Asian actor or actress to headline an American network series.
11. It looks like the acting bug runs in the family, with Priyanka Chopra's sister Parineeti Chopra also in the biz.
12. Not only is she an award-winning actress, she’s a singer too, and has recorded tracks with the likes of Will I Am. Yes, seriously.
13. She’s not standing for the gender pay gap, either: ‘Women don’t want to be treated as inferior anymore. We want our rights and the ability to stand on our own two feet. We want to be treated with the respect we deserve’.