Pippa Middleton interviews don’t come along every day, but when they do? We’re given a taste of what life with Britain’s most royal sister (sorry, Charlotte…) is really like. From cooking for her fiancé to her wedding date, here’s what we learned from Pippa Middleton’s first major interview…
1. Pippa hasn’t set a date for her wedding yet. After her engagement to financier James Matthews in July (you can find out more about Pippa Middleton’s fiancé here), where he proposed in the Lake District, Pippa is holding off on confirming a date for the big day.
2. Her engagement ring is massive, unsurprisingly. The 3-carat diamond is surrounded by 12 smaller stones, and was handmade for Pippa.
3. While James is well-known in his own right, thanks to his career and brother (Spencer Matthews of Made In Chelsea fame), Pippa’s fame has been ‘a real eye-opener’ for her fiancé.
Read More: The most extravagant celebrity engagement rings of all time
4. She hates being called a socialite; 'People see me as someone privileged who has used my position to advantage; that I don't really work, that I am a socialite - that word really irritates me - and that I'm a party girl without any substance'.
5. Pippa is releasing a cookbook with over 100 ‘do-able recipes’ in association with the British Heart Foundation. The book, titled Heartfelt, will include a range of healthy recipes and will be released on Thursday 29th September, which is World Heart Day. You can pre-order Heartfelt for £19.99 here. This is Pippa’s second book, following on from 2012’s Celebrate: A Year of Festivities for Families and Friends.
6. Roger Federer is an old friend, and contributed some of his favourite recipes to the book.
7. Pippa is a firm believer in the idea that the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach – early in her relationship, she cooked up halibut with roast tomatoes and herbs, which was a ‘very special dinner for us’. You can find out how to make Pippa Middleton's halibut recipe from the woman herself here.
Read More: How to eat like an A-lister with the best celebrity cookbooks
8. James and Pippa prefer a home-cooked meal and cuddling up on the sofa to heading out for dinner.
9. Kate was a guinea pig when it came to testing out the dishes in the book; ‘some of the recipes have been culled!’
10. A website dedicated to that famous derriere has had over a million hits, even though Pippa told The Daily Mail ‘I was surprised still don’t understand it’.
Read More: How to get Pippa Middleton’s body
11. She doesn’t have any bodyguards, even though people have hid ‘behind cars and jumped out with cameras’.
Pippa Middleton - she's just like us! Except for the millionaire fiancé, royal connections, cookbook, paparazzi...