We all remember when Pippa Middleton came on our radars — the Royal Wedding in 2011, in the Alexander McQueen dress that launched a thousand Twitter accounts (remember @PippaMiddletonAss?).
And now she’s going to get her own fancy big day, as it’s been revealed she’s engaged to boyfriend of less than a year (though they dated in 2012), James Matthews.
It’s quite a sweet little engagement story too — he proposed over the weekend in the Lake District, with a hefty diamond ring, and she said yes (obviously).
James kept things tradish and asked Pippa’s dad for her hand in marriage, and word is the wedding — which will likely be a big society event — will be next year.
Read: The Best Celebrity Engagement Rings
We wonder who the bridesmaids will be… Surely Kate, her only sister — even though she apparently had no idea Pippa was near to getting engaged? (Oh my god, K-Middy as a bridesmaid is actually pretty exciting.) And the guests? James, quite bizarrely, is the brother of Made In Chelsea’s Spencer ‘Spenny’ Matthews so expect a bunch of West London types.
Apart from his TV-famous bro, here’s what to know about Mr Pippa Middleton…
1. He’s relatively ‘normal’, without a title or aristocratic links.
2. Rumours about his relationship with Pippa started last September (shortly after she split with Nico Jackson).
3. His parents own a fancy hotel on St Barts, where the pair spent New Year.
4. He’s happiest when in a ‘blazer and suede loafers’, according to Tatler.
5. He likes outdoor sports.
6. Though he seems like a rich banker, he’s made pretty much his whole fortune himself (from hedge funds and property).
7. He could have been a racing car driver.
8. Her went to Uppingham School.
9. He lives in Chelsea.