Stranger Things star Millie Bobby Brown is the one little girl EVERYONE is talking about right now. Like, everyone. And if you haven't see Netflix's spooky new show Stranger Things yet then seriously, do yourself a favour and get on it this evening. We promise, you won't be disappointed. And yes, you will be carping on about it for the rest of the week...
Looking (staggeringly) like a young Natalie Portman circa Leon (1994), 12-year-old Millie Bobby Brown has managed to channel equal measures of alarming/charming playing odd little girl Eleven in the Netflix original show, and she’s fast becoming the newest one-to-watch on the child actor block.
Here are some things you probably didn’t know about Millie Bobby Brown (perfect for demonstrating your Stranger Things knowledge at the pub/office/water cooler…)
1. She was born in Barcelona to British parents. She moved to Orlando, Florida in 2011 where she enrolled in Saturday acting classes as a hobby. It was at these classes that Millie was spotted by a top Hollywood talent scout, who allegedly informed Millie's parents that their daughter possessed 'instincts you cannot teach'. Wowsers.
2. After moving to Los Angeles, Millie was offered representation by every agent that met her. After only three months in Hollywood she won the role of young Alice in ABC’s Once Upon A Time In Wonderland.
3. Millie is homeschooled.
4. Her breakthrough role came when she was give the part of Madison O’Donnell in BBC America’s Intruders. Playing a troubled runaway, Millie managed to secure the role before casting directors from the show had even met her - based on the strength of her audition tape.
Read More: 13 Reasons Why You Have To Watch Stranger Things RIGHT NOW
5. In preparation for Stranger Things, Millie was asked to swat up on cult '80s films that show creators the Duffer brothers cite as influences; Poltergeist, ET, Stand By Me and The Goonies were all on Millie's 'to watch' list.
6. Millie likes to remain grounded despite all the recent media attention. Apparently, she and her family continue to enjoy a roast dinner on Sundays before watching a movie together. Cute.
7. Millie was never told until the final audition that she would have to shave her head. Unlike many little girls her age though, Millie took it all in her stride:
'I wanted the best for the show and if that’s what I had to do, then that’s what I had to do!'
8. She is a bit of a boxing fan, and trains in Thai boxing and jujitsu.
9. She's afraid of sharks.
10. She was a massive Winona Ryder fan before working with her on Stranger Things.
11. And finally, have you heard this girl sing?!