When it comes to fashionable line-ups, the Met Ball is the creme da la creme of events, and this year's was no exception. The likes of Alexa Chung, Miranda Kerr, Kristen Stewart and Sarah Jessica Parker descended on the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York City for a punk themed party which featured outfits with added attitude and some seriously daring hair makeovers.
In case you've missed all the action, here are the 10 red carpet style moments you need to know about…
1. Nicole Richie went grey. The House of Harlow fashion designer proved she wasn't doing the punk theme by halves by matching a beaded cream column gown with Elizabethan style powdered white locks.
2. Diane Kruger embraced her inner rebel, and the dip-dye hair trend, by showing off bright pink tips.
SEE MORE DIP-DYE HAIRSTYLES
3. As if there weren't enough head-turning new hair looks on offer, Anne Hathaway had dyed her iconic crop bleach-blonde.
SEE MORE BLONDE HAIR IDEAS
5. Black was far from boring as our favourite fashionistas braved racy side cut-outs and sheer details on their LBDs. Topping the best dressed list, Miranda Kerr showed off her Victoria's Secret abs in a Michael Kors cross-bar floor-sweeper, while Diane Kruger and Alexa Chung style snapped in peek-a-boo panelled dresses by Chanel Haute Couture and Erdem respectively.
6. Emma Watson went seriously risque and wowed the crowds as she flashed the flesh in an asymmetric Prabal Gurung gown.
7. Kim Kardashian proved her baby bump won't get in the way of giving it plenty of va-va-voom as she did an Angelina Jolie with a thigh-high leg flash in a Givenchy floral dress.
SEE ALL THE MET BALL 2013 PICTURES
8. Kristen Stewart was on form, looking every inch the vamp as she matched a lace red jumpsuit by Stella McCartney with scarlet framed eyes.
9. Usually demure Gwyneth Paltrow stood out in the hottest of pink vintage Valentino dresses.
10. Sarah Jessica Parker topped her most memorable headgear moment from the 2010 Sex and the City 2 premiere by donning a seriously elaborate feathered mock-mohawk Philip Treacy crown. The rest of her outfit was equally extravagant, from the puffball printed ball gown by Giles Deacon to her thigh-high tartan Louis Vuitton boots.
Now that's what we call a stylish spin on punk rock! Check out all the style happenings from the night in our Met Ball 2013 gallery.
By Hayley Spencer