We don’t get it. The more we see or hear about Margot Robbie, the more we like her, which is pretty much unheard of in the age of social media saturation.
She’s insanely beautiful, but not in a way that evokes bitchiness (that we've ever seen). Instead it’s more, everyone heart eye Emoji-ing over her whatever their gender or sexual preference.
Now, after About Time (which was arguably one of the best films ever) and Wolf Of Wall Street (which was arguably one of the longest films ever), she’s been cast as Jane opposite Alexander Scarsgard in The Legend Of Tarzan.
In the most textbook (read: everything bad about humanity) way, good looks and fame seems to make someone dislikeable BUT she remains 100% likeable — potentially because she seems so ‘normal’. In spite of her pretty stratespheric fame chart, word is she's living in Clapham and is a big fan of the Infernos there.
She refused to lose weight for Tarzan for probably the best (and most legit) reason we’ve ever heard — that she wanted to trial the London pub scene. She justified the already-justified move, saying: ‘It's the 19th century (in the film) - if she's got a bit of weight on her, it's probably a good thing […] I'm not going to look thin just for the sake of it.’
Here are Margot’s most normal quotes…
1. ‘I'm not extravagant. I share my house in London with five roommates. I take the Tube. I intend to stay the exact same person I always was.’
2. ‘My jet lag is getting a bit ridiculous. But, you know, it's first-world problems. It's a wonderful problem, 'Oh I have to travel around the world; how awful.'
3. ‘I know that my look is more ‘toothpaste model’ as opposed to artsy, which sucks because I can play those roles.’
4. ‘You should have seen me at 14, with braces and glasses, gangly and doing ballet!’
5. ‘We Australians are incredibly laid-back until it comes to drinking or playing sports.'
6. ‘I have a normal 24-year-old life. If I were a waitress, I’d probably have the exact same lifestyle. I’d go to the same clubs I go to already, live in the same house with the same housemates, hang out with the same people.’
7. ‘If I was a dude, I’d wanna be in this, but I’ve got no interest in playing a gold-digger mistress.’
8. ‘I don’t have a very good diet. I love beer, fries, burgers, but if I have to get in a bikini then I eat carrot sticks for three days. I’m one extreme or the other.’
9. ‘I was really into slicking my hair back — God knows why — and I’m wearing glasses, which I didn’t actually need.’
10. ‘If someone's gonna pick between me and Emma Stone, they're gonna pick Emma Stone.’
11. ‘Even I admit I may have peaked too soon.’
12. ‘I say this about everything: when I was on 'Neighbours,' I said, 'These are the best years of my life!' When I was filming 'The Wolf Of Wall Street,' I said, 'These are the best months of my life!' I always think I'm having the best time ever, and that I'll never have so much fun again.’
13. ‘There's nothing I dislike more than being in a photo shoot where they say, 'Be yourself.' That's not why I became an actress. That's what I find so funny: that you become an actor, and all of a sudden, everyone wants to know about you. But I didn't become an actor so I could show you me.’
14. ‘I live with three boys, and I can't tell you how hard it is to get your hands on toilet paper. They steal it.’
15. ‘I was working at Subway in Melbourne, I was a ‘sandwich artist’, that’s the preferred title. I made myself sick on that stuff, I ate so much frozen cookie dough.’
16. ‘I walked out, got in the elevator, and did that silent stupid dance you do.’
17. ‘Acting 101: three shots of tequila and you’ll be fine.’
18. 'My mum is just the sweetest person on Earth, and if I turned into her, I wouldn't be that upset at all; in fact, it would be an honour.'
19. 'In my big group of girlfriends at home, I am definitely not the best looking. I did not grow up feeling like I was particularly attractive.'
20. 'It seems to be the way I get jobs - I book a holiday, I get to the other side of the world, then I'll get the job.'
21. 'When I eat, I have to chop up everything on the plate and stir it all together. It devastates my mom. Everyone at the table is like, 'That looks like cat vomit.' And I stir my Coke with a spoon until it's flat.'
Get excited for Sunday when Joshington Post will unleash his interview with Margot and Alexander, where they’re helping with all his relationship problems…