One Direction’s Louis Tomlinson is officially a dad! The news broke on Friday, 22nd January that Louis' (kind of) girlfriend, American stylist, Briana Jungwirth, gave birth to a son, and we now have a name!
Posting the adorable first picture of his son on his Twitter page, Louis revealed that the baby is called...drumroll please... Freddie!
Awww! Our hearts are melting. Louis has been busy updating his social media throughout his first few days as a father, announcing the birth by saying:
I'm pleased to say my baby son was born yesterday :) He is healthy and pretty amazing :) I'm very happy!!
— Louis Tomlinson (@Louis_Tomlinson) January 23, 2016
Apparently, it wasn't entirely plain-sailing, with reports saying Briana's mother banned Louis from the delivery room. It's been said that she doesn't think the 1D star, who is now dating Danielle Campbell, has done enough throughout the pregnancy, and they're in talks at the moment to sort out a child support and a custody deal.
When the news of Briana's pregnancy broke last July, People said: 'Louis is happy and very excited about becoming a dad and he thinks Briana will be an amazing mother. It was a surprise at first, but he and Briana are very, very close friends and this has brought them even closer.'
'They are both really happy and although they aren't in a relationship, their friendship is extremely strong and they are both really excited about the baby. It's early days and Briana and the baby's health are the most important things right now.’
Louis and Briana were first spotted enjoying a string of nights out together in May 2015, a few months after the boy band star’s split from long-term girlfriend Eleanor Calder after four years. It's been reported Louis told Eleanor himself about the birth, and she's very happy for him, knowing he wanted a son.
Unsurprisingly, Twitter went into absolute meltdown - as it did again after the baby Tweet - with fans saying things like: 'Louis Tomlinson! Confirm or deny this. I am going insane.'
So, who is Briana Jungwirth, apart from the mother of the first 1D baby? Here's what we found out...
1) Briana is as a stylist and has worked on numerous fashion shoots.
2) She’s 23 (and Louis is 24).
3) Briana is said to reside in Calabasas – the same swanky Californian neighbourhood that the Kardashians live in.
4) She didn’t set out to be in the spotlight. How do we know this? Briana doesn’t appear to have any social media accounts, although numerous fake pages popped up after the news broke.
5) Briana has been described as a ‘very private person’ who shies away from Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.
6) Briana is not a Directioner (a hardcore 1D fan). It’s been reported that she only watched Louis in concert for the first time recently.
7) The pair met through mutual friends.