Justin Trudeau came onto the world radar last November when he led the Liberal party to victory in Canada’s elections.
Since then the PM’s been swoon-mongering across the world, gathering an army of loyal fan-people.
Yesterday, he didn't just receive an award for his commitment to fighting homophobia and transphobia, but he announced his government will move forward with a legislation to protect the rights of transgender Canadians, saying: 'I am proud to announce that tomorrow, on the International Day Against Homophobia and Transphobia, we will be tabling a bill in the House of Commons to ensure the full protection of transgender people.' This means, as was laid out in a mandate letter, that 'gender identity [will be] a prohibited ground for discrimination under the Canadian Human Rights Act'.
Apart from him seeming like a genuinely cool (and very impressive) guy, here’s what you need to know about him and why…
1. He’s a feminist — as in, he actually said: 'I am a feminist. I’m proud to be a feminist.' When he was asked about why he thought gender equality was so important in his cabinet, he said: ‘Because it’s 2015’. Check that face.
2. He seems like a real decent guy. An ex-student of Justin’s when he was a teacher said: ‘The guys all thought he was awesome and us girls all had a mad crush on him.’
And on a worldwide level, he’s not only going personally to meet Syrian refugees and give them clothes, he encouraged the Canadians to warmly welcome them in his Christmas address and so far 26,921 have arrived in Canada (1,921 more people than promised.)
3. He's pretty hench — no, it's not something that's required in a politician but props for this peacock pose, on a desk, in his suit.
4. He rivals Leonardo DiCaprio in his climate change chat and he's upping Canada's involvement in the worldwide POA, including attending the Paris climate conference and putting natural emissions reduction targets in place.
5. Can ge dance? We're not even sure but he PM points for doing it like nobody's watching — again and again and again.
6. He comes from the creme de la creme de la Canadian politics, and not even tenuously. His actual dad was former prime minister Pierre Trudeau. Though his upbringing wasn't exactly 'normal', he knows it: 'There were days where I wouldn’t eat at school because we had to rush home to have lunch with the Queen, for example. At the same time it was instilled upon us that this was a privilege and a responsibility, and nothing made us better than anyone else,'
7. #FamilyGoals — the dreamy PM is married to Sophie Gregoire, which he knew growing up, with who he's got three (very cute) kids.
8. That time he had bants with the Queen on Twitter.
9. He is one clever guy. As well as two degrees (including English Lit), he can explain quantam computing like it's NBD.
10. He loves Meryl Streep as much as everyone else — and he's not afraid to say it. (Who would be though, really?) When asked who he'd want to play him in a biopic, he said the three times Oscar winner herself.
11. Ok, so we know Sam Cam has a tat. That dolphin. But Justin has TWO.
12. That time he got himself involved in the Twitter 'beef' between the Obamas and Prince Harry (and the Queen), following an Invictus Games meeting between Harry and Justin.
In a Twitter video, he does some press-up then holds himself one-handed and *drops the mic*. BOOM.
13. He was the first ever sitting Canadian Prime Minister to walk in the annual Pride parade. While everyone was hyping the occasion, Trudeau said: 'It’s sort of frustrating that it has to be a big thing […] It shouldn’t be a big thing that that prime minister is walking in Pride parade and from now on it won’t.'
14. And let's never ever forget that time Trudeau moved aside on the beach to let a newly-wed bride through (...topless, yes)
15. He's even good with kids — judging by how he dealt with being rebuffed by little Prince George on a Royal visit to Canada. The 3-year-old left the PM hanging after he tried a low-five, high-five and then a hand shake. Fair all round really... Justin — cute attempt, and George — we can make a greeting absurdly awkward and we've been doing them for far longer than you.
16. He’s been talking about gender equality again (which he’s very much entitled to as he’s one of the few leaders with a gender neutral cabinet), this time with Emma Watson. They discussed the UN’s HeForShe campaign - which Trudeau is an ambassador for. He then Tweeted a picture of the two of them talking, with the caption: ‘@EmWatson is a champion for gender equality worldwide. It's a pleasure welcoming you to Ottawa ahead of the @OneYoungWorld summit #heforshe’
Read: 32 Donald Trump Quotes You Won't Believe Anyone Said Ever