Jennifer Lawrence is a woman after our own hearts. Not only is she brutally honest about feminism in film and loves food almost as much as we do, she’s probably the most relatable A-lister around. Here are 22 reasons why we just can't get enough of J-Law...
1. Oh J-Law. Just when we thought you couldn't be any MORE like a normal person. She recently admitted in an interview that the reason she wore the stunning scarlet Dior gown to the recent Golden Globes ceremony was not because she wanted to rock red on the red carpet... Apparently, for our Jen, awards season syncs with her period and well, the 'Plan A dress' just wasn't comfortable to wear while flying the flag. More power to you girl *fist pump*
2. She punched Sophie Turner in the crotch - for real. Speaking to Just Jared, Sophie spilled 'She punched me in the vagina once. I didn’t ask her to either. It just happened. Evan [Peters] and I were having a fake fight and I said something like 'I'll punch you in the crotch'. So she punched me in the vagina and I was like, 'Awesome''
3. We can't imagine why anyone wouldn't want to be with J-Law, but Nicholas Hoult had one big problem…with the way she smells?! Jen's X-Men character, in case you don't know, is entirely blue, and to ditch the body paint she used shaving cream; 'It is really good for taking paint off, but Nick used to hate it because I would come home smelling like a man. He was like, 'You smell like a dude''
4. She isn't afraid to prank her A-list friends. J-Law just took part in the one of the biggest double-pranks to hit the internet, fake storming out of an interview with Ian Hecox (one half of internet due SMOSH). Ian's partner in crime, Athony Padilla, fed Ian dodgy questions to ask Jennifer through an earpiece, but little did he know Hunger Games co-stars Liam Hemsworth and Josh Hutherson were doing exactly the same with Jennifer.
The prank was set up by SMOSH superfan Dylan Miceli-Nelson, who wanted to raise awareness of his muscular-dystrophy condition, and was filmed as part of Prank It FWD. The series donates dollars for every 1,000 views, mention or share of the video tagged #PrankItFWD.
5. She loves sleep. No, really, she even broke her toe because she was so excited to sleep. On her Hunger Games press tour, Jen was so excited to finally get some shut-eye on a plane that she jumped into bed and dislocated her toe. Her toe might now be purple, but J-Law said she was "psyched"!
6. Did you see her stack it - again - at the X-Men Apocalypse premiere in London?!
7. She just can’t handle high heels. Jennifer Lawrence has face-planted the red carpet not once, not thrice, but now FOUR times, one of the most recent being at the Mockingjay premiere in Madrid. Someone get the girl a pair of flats, quick! Co-star Liam Hemsworth called J-Law "terrible at walking".
8. She accidentally kissed Natalie Dormer on the red carpet – and then freaked out.
9. She’s not afraid to have some fun. What else are chopsticks for if not pretending to be a walrus?
10. She loves to eat, and isn’t afraid to shout about it. She once told an interviewer that “eating is my favourite part of the day”, and we totally agree. Pass the cheesecake.
11. Even J-Law gets star-struck when meeting her favourite celebs. Kris Jenner, American actor Jeff Bridges and even Homeland actor Damian Lewis got the full Jennifer Lawrence freak-out treatment on the red carpet. She even gets star-struck by accident - a few years back, an older lady chatted to Jennifer, and Jennifer decided that she was definitely Elizabeth Taylor. Except she died in 2011...Lawrence carried on chatting about Taylor's "movies and unbelievable fashion moments" until a friend put her out of her misery.
12. She’s bored of smiling. Red carpets are all pose, pose, pose, right? Jennifer isn’t afraid to mix things up with a few funny faces – most that she’ll probably regret in the morning.
13. SHE IS KATNISS. Could you imagine anyone else playing volunteering, district saving, totally badass two-time Hunger Games champion Katniss Everdeen? Nope, didn’t think so.
14. She’s a badass feminist and isn’t afraid to say so. Don’t even think about asking Jennifer a sexist question, as she will shut you down. One of our favourites? “We [need to] stop calling each other fat and stop with these unrealistic expectations for women. It’s disappointing that the media keeps it alive and fuels that fire”
15. J-Law LOVES a photobomb. Remember that Taylor Swift photobomb that turned Jennifer into a meme?! Sarah Jessica-Parker didnt know what hit her.
16. She has body problems, just like us. We’re convinced we have one boob bigger than the other, too!
17. She loves Mean Girls as much as we do. She even worked a Cady quote into her People’s Choice Awards acceptance speech.
18. She can’t wink. All those sexy winks you see in films? Yeah, that doesn’t happen in real life.
19. She can appreciate the need for alcohol at important events in your life. Tequila always numbs the pain.
20. She sometimes has to pee standing up - out of a funnel...
21. She has nose issues like the rest of us! It's just that her need for a tissue is live on national TV... and the entire internet
22. She gives good interview. There are honestly just too many amazing J-Law quotes to mention.