Ryan Gosling turns 35 today!
1. He was home schooled by his mum (for a while anyway!).
2. He was in our favourite scary/not scary kid's TV show Goosebumps
3. He was in The Mickey Mouse Club in 1993 with pals Justin Timberlake and Britney Spears.
4. He's got friends in high places - While appearing on The Mickey Mouse Club for two years, he lived with co-star Justin Timberlake's family.
5. He’s super hot - In 2004 Gosling won the honor of being named one of the 50 Hottest Bachelors by People Magazine.
6. He’s in a band with his friend Zach Shields called Dead Man's Bones.
7. He’s so into DIY he actually built the kitchen table featured in The Notebook in preparation for his role as Noah.
8. He rocks a gold bomber jacket like no one else.
9. He was destined for stardom - He was born in the same hospital as his The Notebook co-star Rachel McAdams in London, Ontario
10. He’s a foodie and owns a Moroccan restaurant called Tagine in Beverly Hills, California.
11. He’s a lover not a fighter - The Gos dated Rachel McAdams twice after meeting on the set of The Notebook.
12. He’s a badass - His school nickname was Trouble. We wouldn't mind having a run in with him... Just sayin.
13. Science says he’s not attractive – Technically his face isn’t very symmetrical which science deems less attractive. We beg to differ.
14. He’s a family man - He took his mother and sister to the Oscars in 2007 and recently became a baby daddy with his Place Beyond The Pines co-star and all round hotty Eva Mendes.
15. He's a fan of Disney - He named his baby daughter Esmeralda Amanda Gosling.
16. He likes to work out LA style aka at the same gym as Bradley Cooper, Jodie Foster, Christopher Mintz-Plasse, the list goes on!
17. He’s a David Lynch fan and first saw Blue Velvet when he was 14 years old.
18. He’s inspirational - "I've learned it's important not to limit yourself. You can do whatever you really love to do, no matter what it is."
19. You can find his face on just about everything.
20. He loves his own merch.
21. He’s an indie kid at heart - "Not to discriminate against budgets, I feel that independent films tend to ask more questions and don't pretend to know as much as the bigger films, which tend to think they know everything."
22. He stars in the best Vines.
23. He’s down to earth - "I try not to make too many movies. I get sick of myself, so I can't imagine how everyone else feels."
24. He’s got his priorities right - "I think the one thing I love most about being an adult is the right to buy candy whenever and wherever I want."
25. He wore a t shirt of Macaulay Culkin wearing a t shirt of him wearing a t shirt of Macaulay Culkin wearing a t shirt of him...
26. He’s got style - "When I'm down in the dumps, nothing gets my toes a-tappin' like putting on my old MC Hammer pants. And they still fit, even though my aunt made them for me when I was eight. But that's the genius of MC Hammer."
27. He’s not sucked in by celebrity - "I can't tell you how many times people go, "Are you Ryan?" Then they take the picture and realise, in that moment, that I'm not Ryan Reynolds."
28. He looks great in a velvet suit.
29. He's best pals with James Franco.
30. Did we mention he’s ridiculously hot?
31. THAT scene from The Notebook.
32. He has his own colouring book.
33. He rocks every look EVER – Blonde, gangster, full beard, no beard, you name it, he nails it.
34. He’s great with the paps.
35. He's an all-round nice guy. After the creator of the Vine 'Ryan Gosling won't eat his cereal' passed away, Ryan in fact ate his cereal in tribute.