Haley Bennett might not be the kind of actress you’re posting as your #WCW on Instagram just yet, but trust us when we say she’s about to become a household name.
The 28-year-old American actress and singer will hit the silver screen in the most anticipated thriller of the year, The Girl On The Train, where she plays Megan Hipwell- I would try and describe the character to you, but you really just need to watch the film (or read the book) to avoid spoilers.
Read More: Does The Girl On The Train live up to the hype? We review the thriller of the year
But who is Haley Bennett, and where do you recognise her from before The Girl On The Train? We round up everything you need to know about her, including why she’s our new Insta-obsession.
1. Haley Bennett was born Haley Loraine Keeling in Florida, but moved to Ohio as a child. She says she was surrounded by pigs and ferrets.
2. She was a tomboy when she was younger, with her father banning her from wearing make-up. Haley said in an interview ‘I went through a really dorky phase. I had very crooked teeth and a really bad haircut and no boobs.’
3. Haley Bennett made her big screen debut in Music and Lyrics as Cora Corman, alongside Hugh Grant and Drew Barrymore. She sang most of her own songs in the film.
Read More: 7 reasons why Luke Evans is your new piece of celebrity crumpet
4. You’ll also recognise her from a cameo in Marley & Me, a starring role in The Equalizer and The Magnificent Seven.
5. Is it just us, or does Haley look a lot like Jennifer Lawrence? Even Haley says that she gets mistaken for J-Law a lot.
6. Her Instagram is a treat, mainly because she’s still totally down-to-earth. Who else would post videos of themselves baking apple pie to Adele and grabbing a burger with cheesy fries?
7. Haley has three cats called Mr Ernest Purball Cotton, Darlington Abigail and Margaret Edith, as well as two dogs. They are all over her Instagram, and we love it.
8. If film doesn’t work out, Haley wants to be a chef who runs a fully sustainable farm on Martha Stewart’s vineyard.
9. Haley signed a contract with 550 Music in 2007, and started work on a debut album. She started writing poetry and lyrics when she was 14 years old, and moved to California after graduating from high school to make it in showbiz.
Read More: All the TV and films you can watch Jamie Dornan in this autumn
10. Upcoming films including Warren Beatty’s Rules Don’t Apply, PTSD drama Thank You For Your Service with Miles Teller, and musical drama Weightless alongside Michael Fassbender, Christian Bale and Natalie Portman.
It’s official, we’ve got a new girl crush…