When we met Rose Leslie at her beauty shoot for our November issue, we’d just watched THAT episode of Game of Thrones where Ygritte dies in John Snow’s arms. Sob! We asked her what five things she missed the most now she’s left the hit HBO show.
1. My bow and arrow. I now LOVE archery, I find it a very therapeutic sport. I would be taken away for a couple of hours before we started filming to get back into the rhythm so that it was a fluid movement of picking up the bow and then the arrows and just being able to make it look as authentic as possible.
2. The crew. For three years in a row you’re working for six months of the year with the same cast and crew and producers. We flew into Rekjavic and we travelled for about 8 hours in a car down the southern coast of the island, so we were very much in a remote place. You do get incredibly tight.
3. Iceland. You’re shooting on this beautiful landscape but there is no-one else to be seen. It was wonderful and sensational in that way because there weren’t huge cranes and equipment. I now have a deep love for Iceland because it is associated with such wonderful memories.
4. The writing, that’s definitely up there. I read all the books before I started. And the people at HBO are fantastic.
5. My friends: the actors. Working with my friends day in day out for five months has been a lovely thing. For me though, it’s never really a goodbye, it’s onto the next thing where you’ll meet new people. It’s so interesting to be able to have a job that has that. You never know for how long!
Pick up the November issue of InStyle, out today, to see Rose Leslie's full shoot, find out more about her time on Game of Thrones and the skincare saviours she swears by...
By Hannah Rochell