Miranda Kerr got engaged! And she spread the news with an obligatory ring Instagram – which appears to show a Snapchat proposal. (For reals, Evan?) Or it could just be Bitmoji characters she’s added to a classic B+W hand shot. (Either way, it’s questionable.)
Anyway, ‘[she] said yes’.
Though 33-year-old model and 26-year-old Snapchat co-founder have been dating for just over a year, after meeting at a Louis Vuitton dinner, Evan has stayed impressively under the radar.
So who IS he? Here’s what you need to know about Miranda’s husband to be…
1. His net worth is 2.1 BILLION dollars, making him the 931st richest man in the world.
2. He was only 21 when Snapchat, the picture and video sharing app which he started with a Stanford University connection Bobby Murphy who he met at a frat party, took off. The idea was born from a conversation about sexting.
3. He dropped out of his Product Design university course in 2012 to focus on Snapchat.
4. He’s got a 13% stake in Snapchat (which is currently worth $16 billion, so 13% is a-ok).
5. His first app venture, Picaboo, which is basically the same as Snapchat with a different name, was a total flop.
6. He's the world’s youngest self-made billionaire.
7. He’s totally aware, endearingly, of how jammy he is: ‘I am a young, white, educated male who ‘got really, really lucky’.
8. Kind of bafflingly, the Friends set designer decorated his house.
9. His parents are both mega successful Ivy League lawyers.
10. He has a Twitter with 43.6K followers but has never actually Tweeted.
11. He’s had his fair share of controversy, including a Facebook-style law case with a former Snapchat co-founder and leaked emails that revealed some unsavoury ‘bro’ banter.
12. He was romantically linked to Taylor Swift.
13. He’s into fash, cars and vacays, once saying cars ‘bring [him] sheer joy’.
14. He grew up in Pacific Palisades and still lives in Los Angeles.
15. He’s got his head screwed on business-wise, as you’d expect from the founder of Snapchat: ‘It's not about working harder; it's about working the system’.