Chris Hemsworth is just a total babe. Pretty much every day something else happens, whether he’s on a press trail where he’s constantly saying aaall the right things or on Instagram where he’s a total dreamboat father and husband.
Here the 17 times we loved him the most…
1. Chris is ‘for sure’ a feminist. Speaking to Radio Times, he said: ‘My mum’s a big feminist. I think that my views on things, as far as respect for women and so on, came from my mum. My dad has a very balanced and respectful view on a lot of things too. They were huge positive influences in my life’. He’s also talked about rating the gender balance in The Huntsman: Winter’s War, saying: ‘I think the balance has been tipped for a long time heavily in the men’s direction. There are seven to eight male superheroes and one female in there. This is the opposite.’
2. He’s done quite a lot for charity including auctioning off the opportunity to be his date at the premiere for The Huntsman: Winter's War with money going to IfOnly. He said: ‘“This is an opportunity for me to meet the fans and people who have supported me over the years,” Hemsworth said. “It allows me to give something back in that way—but I think the larger reason that I wanted to do this was because all proceeds benefit the charity I work with, the Australian Childhood Foundation. It provides specialized therapeutic counseling and care for children that have suffered from abuse, and it’s a cause that’s very dear to my heart.’
3. He braids his daughter's hair. Jessica Chastain tried to call his bluff in a game of Never Have I Ever, where she asked 'Never have I ever french braided someone else’s hair?' Chris admitted he's never done a French braid, but he's pretty good at a standard plait after practising on his daughter. Aww!
4. He doesn’t take himself too seriously and he’s got THE best voice. Exhibit A — him doing a dramatic reading of Riri’s Work…
5. He doesn't let his daughter down. Before you judge this slightly lop-sided dinosaur cake, look at the caption: 'What happens when the bakery says they don't have time to make your daughter a birthday cake? You get involved and smash one out yourself ! I call it 'La T-Rex al la chocolate''.
6. Chris Hemsworth is 100% dreamy — in that Leonardo DiCaprio little-teeny-eye way. Seems we’re not the only people who’ noticed his swoonability as he won People’s Sexiest Man Alive award in 2014.
7. He’s the ultimate dreamy father — which is documented on his b-e-a-uuutiful wife of four years Elsa Pataky’s Instagram. #familygoals #couplegoals #everythinggoals
8. He does some real varied roles — from an absolute beefcake in Thor to rustic dreamboat in The Huntsman: Winter's War — and some mega transformations! Now he’s looking to play something a little different: ‘'I definitely I have a yearning for something contemporary and real and simpler, he said to News Corp.
9. He doesn’t just look like an Australian surfer babe, he IS Australian and he can actually surf!
10. He’s an animal lover. He and Elsa owns a tiny pig called Tina, and he’s always papped with various animals… Cows, dogs, kangaroos.
11. He’s close to his equally dreamy bros — Liam (as in Hunger Games and Miley Cyrus) and Liam — and that’s hot.
12. We rate how Australian he is — posting pictures of him with the Sydney Opera House, a massive spider, some kind of kangaroo.
13. He manages to look as hot sans beard (which is really quite impressive).
14. He's thrifty...
15. He's ridiculously generous. Chris lost his wallet recently, and was surprised to learn that someone had in fact done the honest thing by handing it in. Speaking on the Ellen show Chris revealed that he'd put his wallet down in a restaurant on his way to pick up his wife from the airport. Not expecting to ever see the item again, Chris couldn't believe it when his agent contacted him to say that they'd recieved a letter from 17-year-old Tristin Budzyn-Barker, a local teen that had found the wallet and was keen to return it to its rightful owner.
Chris, (because he's a stupidly nice guy) then brings Tristin onto the Ellen show where he gives him the entire cash contents of his wallet as a reward. Ellen then takes it one step further by giving the emotional teen $10,000 dollars towards his college fund.
16. He's way cute about his beautiful wife, Elsa Pataky - especially on her birthday...
17. He's not afraid to get gushy on Instagram - awwww
18. He takes time out to visit sick kids... with Loki AKA Tom Hiddleston. Obviously.
Can't get enough of Chris? Check out the best Chris Hemsworth body and hair transformations EVER (you won't regret it...)