Beyoncé, you have GOT to stop messing with our emotions like this! After announcing that she’d be joining Coldplay on stage at Super Bowl 2016, we thought Queen Bey would be taking on their brand new track, Hymn For The Weekend. But oh no… Mrs Carter only goes and drops a new single, Formation, like it’s no big deal, as well as some major announcements about a Beyoncé tour 2016.
So from that world tour to the Formation merch we’ve already ordered, catch up on the 8 bombshells Beyoncé dropped this weekend alone.
1. Nobody drops a surprise single like Beyoncé. Bey blew everyone and everything out of the water on Saturday night, dropping Formation with absolutely no build-up or promo. Gahhh!
2. It’s a serious statement, too. Available exclusively to stream on Tidal (hubby Jay-Z’s streaming service), Formation is an anthem for black women everywhere, backed up by an all-black video cast and drummer girl-gang at Super Bowl 2016. #blackgirlmagic for real.
3. Can we talk about Blue Ivy starring in the video?! That is one defiant four-year-old.
4. There’s merch, too. Pick up jumpers, totes and tees emblazoned with lyrics from Formation.
5. Beyoncé then casually slipped in that she’s heading off on a world tour. On live TV. During Coldplay’s ‘headline’ performance. Slay, Bey! The tour starts on April 27th and hitting the UK on June 28th. Mark your calendars for pre-sale on February 9th.
6. Does this mean she’ll be releasing a secret album? Who knows – if she does, we’ll probably find out over Beyoncé’s Instagram page…
7. What it definitely does mean is that Beyoncé is 99.9% not pregnant. The singer sparked rumours with her baggy clothes and stomach covering poses lately, but that bodysuit wasn’t hiding anything at Super Bowl.
8. Speaking of Super Bowl, who saw that Bruno Mars live collab coming?!
All that news in 24 hours… we need a breather after these bombshells. Catch up on all the moments you might have missed from Super Bowl 2016 here, and remember, - you have the same amount of hours in a day as Beyoncé…