The most gorgeous man in movies dropped by the UK this week – and we’re not sure we’ll ever recover...
There aren’t many men that make us want to kiss the tarmac they’ve walked on at Heathrow, but when Ryan Gosling’s plane touched down in London this week (not EasyJet we’re assuming) we were, straight up, slightly overcome. Even InStyle’s impossibly chic, insanely cool Fashion Director Arabella turned into a hot mess over RG, running out of the office (in full make up and very carefully considered ensemble we noted) to catch him in the flesh at a screening of his movie Lost River in Chelsea. ‘My dreams’ she sighed, ‘were not shattered’.
So here he was, an actual, living, breathing, ‘hey Girl’ing’ Gosling on our shores. And of course Ryan spent his brief few days in London doing what we thought was impossible – making us fall for him even more.
So here they are, the five things we loved about Ryan in London this week
1. The ridiculously cute moment when his phone went off mid interview. ‘Oh my god, sorry about that’ he blushed when he got a text alert during a BBC breakfast chat, ‘I’m so ashamed.’ What, the host asked would he do if that happened to someone else whilst he was directing on set. 'I would go nuts’ he laughed. Self deprecating too – oh for goodness sake, Ryan.
2. The sweet bromance he’s enjoying with Matt Smith, who stars in his film. They even partied together with Matt’s girlfriend Lily James at The Arts Club this week. And guess what, Ryan actually watches Dr Who. 'One day I was watching TV. I heard Matt Smith's voice coming at me. It was Doctor Who and there was an episode where he was in a car screaming at these aliens and telling them where to go. Like a boss. Just telling all these spaceships what was what. As an actor I know that's pretty hard to do, because I'm pretty sure those spaceships weren't there. I thought, 'Who is this guy?'"
3. During an interview with the Guardian a publicist cut her hand opening a water bottle. And what did Ryan do? He only turned into a hot ER doctor.
4. He kind of found his London look and stuck to it 24/7 – an ox-blood suede Gucci bomber. And being fashion nerds, we noticed it was the exact same one Robert Pattinson had worn for his promotional duties of The Rover last summer. So who wore it best? Sorry Rob, Ryan just makes it so damn hard for the rest.
5. When our Fashion Director Arabella saw him up close and personal at a Q and A after a screening of his movie. ‘He wished someone’s girlfriend a happy birthday,’ she said dreamily. 'He seemed, so nice, bright funny and articulate’. And her sartorial review? ‘Look maybe it’s time to ditch the bomber but when you’re that handsome and charming – who cares?’