Leighton Meester is InStyle's November cover star
1. She's releasing her debut album: 'My favourite thing – at least as far as the music goes, and now, actually, with acting, too – is performing live. It's so fun.'
2. She keeps her wardrobe at a minimal. She has, as she puts it, 'a core of, like, five things that I wear all the time and know are good.'
3. It's still a pinch me moment that she got to play Curly's wife in the Broadway Of Mice & Men revival. 'Man, I really lucked out, the fact that I could spend six months on this compact, beautiful story that never grows old.'
4. She doesn't regret making a record with Robin Thicke in 2009. 'It was fun, but it wasn't at all me. I guess I can look back and say everything happens because you learn from it and you're better for it.'
5. Life is more important than just the work. 'My values have shifted greatly in terms of what I find important. It's my family, my friends and having a personal life. Those are the things that need nurturing.'
The Judge is in cinema's from 24th October and Leighton's album, Heartstrings, is out soon. InStyle is in shops and available to download tomorrow, October 2.