MAJOR SIDE EYE
AWKS! They say a picture tells a thousand words, but with this particular snap it’s well worth reading the accompanying Instagram caption. Singer Demi Lovato posted this shot of her, Nicki Minaj (giving her some major side eye), and the unfortunately sandwiched designer Jeremy Scott at Monday night’s Met Gala with the comment:
"This picture pretty much summed up my first and probably last met #cool #sofuckingawkward #notforme #sweatpants #forensicfiles #whatsgood. p.s. some of y'all need to learn how to take a joke.. I'm obviously laughing at the fact that 1. I look incredibly awkward and 2. That the shade being thrown in this picture actually gives me life."
What could possibly have spawned this outburst? An unforgivable crime: Nicki posted an almost identical picture BUT DIDN’T TAG DEMI. I know, right? I mean….
Demi even commented on Nicki’s picture with a laughing emoji, a peace sign and a thumbs up. Making a point with a sense of humour, or a touch of pass agg? Anyway, it got us thinking about the WORST things you can do on Instagram. Avoid these at all costs or pay the price, people!
1. Posting a picture of a group of mates and missing someone out on the tags. Come on guys, you know this!
2. Posting a picture of a mate without checking with them first. People are VAIN. Are you MAD?!
3. Saying #nofilter when you’ve obvs used a filter. WE HAVE EYES.
4. Tagging a friend in a picture when you know they look a bit rough (but it will make you look good, so…)
5. Geo-tagging yourself and then denying that you are there when someone tries to find you
6. Still following your ex, then accidentally double tapping as you scroll
7. Calling in sick to go away for a long weekend but forgetting to tell everyone you’re with not to let on in their pics #busted
8. Posting a #tbt from last week
9. “Borrowing” your friend’s phone to like pics on someone’s account you know they fancy
10. Stalking your other half by checking what pics they’ve liked
11. Using Instagram messaging instead of WhatsApp
12. Using Instagram messaging instead of wedding invitations (we have actual evidence of this happening)
13. Only posting pictures that you clearly didn’t take
14. Only posting selfies
15. Only posting pics of your kids
16. Making private jokes in comments that no-one else understands
17. Making social arrangements on someone’s account you don’t even know e.g. ‘this is the account I was telling you about!’ ‘Cool! So where are we meeting on Saturday?’ etc
18. Being too needy. Enough of the #Like4Like and ‘I follow back!’ comments
19. Being on holiday and clogging up our feed with 15 pictures in a row when you finally get into a WiFi zone
20. Face tuning yourself but not your friend
21. Facetuning your friend without asking/ telling them first. Maybe they liked the size of their original thighs.
22. Posting cryptic quotes. 'If he can't handle me at worst he don't deserve me at my best blah blah' You OK Hun?