Have you been checking that phone in the toilet, Daniel Cleaver...?
People have been giving Donald Trump jip for having small hands for years. Nearly 30 years, in fact. Back in 1988, journalist Graydon Carter described him as a “short-fingered vulgarian” (LOL). Trump was so sensitive to the insult that he reportedly still, to this day, sends packages to Carter containing pictures of his hands circled in gold Sharpie with comments like ‘see, not so short!’.
Hmm. The Trumpy doth protest too much, methinks.
Then, earlier this year, the politician Marco Rubio reignited it all when he said that Trump was "always calling me 'little Marco.”. He continued…
"He is taller than me, he's like 6' 2", which is why I don't understand why his hands are the size of someone who is 5' 2”. Have you seen his hands? And you know what they say about men with small hands. You can't trust them,"
Which got us thinking. Small hands aside, what else have our mums/grandmas/friends told us not to trust in a man? Here’s Team InStyle’s take…and yes, some of them are VERY random.
1. Never trust a man who wears caramel slip ons under a frayed boot cut jean.
2. Never trust a man who takes his phone into the bathroom (unless he's a plumber).
3. Never trust a man who has no geographical connection with his football team.
4. Never trust a man with a thin upper lip.
5. Never trust a man who claps on 1 and 3.
6. Never trust a man whose eyes are too close together.
7. Never trust a man who can’t drive.
8. Never trust a man whose exes are all ‘psycho’ (chances are he’s made them that way).
9. Never trust a man whose little finger nail is longer than the other nails.
10. Never trust a man with long nails on every finger. Actual vom.
11. Never trust a man who drinks protein shakes. Protein = muscles and muscles = vanity. Not cool.
12. Never trust musicians (oops, too late for that one).
13. Never trust guys who join in those ‘U OK hun? Inbox me xxx’ conversations on Facebook.
MORE: WHO IS MELANIA TRUMP ANYWAY?
14. Never trust a man who has small teeth.
15. Never trust a man who sniffs his food before he eats it. (Weird.)
16. Never trust a man who cheated on his girlfriend/boyfriend with you - they will ALWAYS stray again and never think for one second you can be the one to tame them. It’s a fact of life.
17. Never trust a man who eats Nutri-Grains. Or any kind of cereal bar, actually.
18. Never trust a man who has over-plucked eye brows.
19. Never trust a man who wears pop socks. If you want to wear deck shoes with bare feet that badly just commit!
How about you? Tweet us @instyle_uk with the hashtag #nevertrustamanwho to join in the conversation.