Wet look hair was a massive trend for SS15 turning up everywhere from Balmain to Zac Posen, and it’s also a celeb fave with Kate Bosworth and, of course, Kim Kardashian.
The best bit? It’s the easiest day to night look ever. Taking less than ten minutes, it actually works better when you haven’t had time to wash your hair, perfect for those last minute post-work drinks. Here's how it's done...
1. Start with dry hair that’s a little dirty, this will help add texture and hold for longer than clean hair. If you’ve got curly hair, blowdrying it straight before you start will help create a sleeker look which works better for this. We don’t want a wet look perm people.
2. Comb away from your face to get rid of any tangles and to create the shape.
3. Forget gel, we’re not trying to look like a thirteen year old boy with a quiff. Backstage at the shows, the pros used leave in conditioner to create a slick look minus the stickiness. Any leave in conditioner will work, we love Richard Ward's Keratin Rehab Conditioning Treatment, £5.99 because it'ss really nice and thick. Rub a blob between your hands and run through your hair pulling away from your face. Keep adding product until you’ve got the finish you like.
TOP TIP: If, like us, you don’t have three hours to sit around wearing a hair mask, do this look at the beginning of the day, not only does it look awesome but by the time you leave the office your hair will be super hydrated thanks to the conditioner. Win win.
4. Comb through the conditioner checking you’ve got the finish you like, pulling a bit through the lengths so it blends. Tuck the sides behind your ears and use the comb and your hands to slick it tight against your head.
5. Now we need to set the look. The conditioner is great for creating the slick but to keep it from falling out as the day goes on, you're gonna need hairspray. Spritz mainly over the roots with less down towards the lengths as you need more hold towards the top. Keep the hairspray at a distance to avoid it getting too crispy. Comb through and count to ten to let it set.
TOP TIP: For a more androgynous look keep hair flat to the head or for full on glam, bump up the back and sides to give extra volume.
6. Hairspray can sometimes leave a matte finish, if you want that ultra wet look, spritz on some shine spray. Et voila! Slicked back hair in less than ten minutes.