Red glitter lips are SO hot right now, it’s insane.
Shimmying their way down SS17 runways everywhere, they’re the glitziest beauty trend to hit high fashion since Dolce’s embellished headphones.
Adding a serious hit of disco ball glam to DKNY’s edgy urban sportswear-inspired show and adorning Bella and Gigi’s pouts at Fendi’s candy-cute meets geometric futuristic show, glitter lips were officially everywhere. Don’t even get us started on Atelier Versace’s ruby slipper lips. We die.
Backstage Pat McGrath used her own Lust 004 glitter lip kit (if you haven’t checked it out yet, where have you been?!) which stormed Instagram with everyone from Chrissy Teigen to Naomi Campbell rocking the sparkletastic look.
READ ALSO: How To Do Candy Cane Eyeliner
And it’s SO festive. The ultimate statement lip for that Christmas work ‘do or NYE party, trust us, you wear glitter lips, you get all the compliments. It’s like a beauty inevitability. Fact.
If, like us, you’re thinking ‘Ok Bella looks like an absolute glitter babe but how am I going to pull this off without looking like an arts and crafts project gone wrong?’, we’ve got you.
READ ALSO: The Best Dark Lipsticks For A Uber Vampy Pout
Makeup pro and all round gorgeous gal Lisa Potter-Dixon shows you how to get your glitter on. Gigi eat your heart out…
1. First things first, you need your lipstick base. For a deep ruby lip go for a dark red base but for a brighter red try an orange toned lipstick and apply generously!
We used… Benefit They’re Real lipstick in Flame Game (coming soon!)
2. Glitter needs glue. DON’T use PVA, a clear gloss will do the trick. Apply all over your lips.
3. Take a pot of fine red glitter (ideally makeup glitter rather than craft glitter which can feel a little sharp!) and using a lip brush dab onto your lips, starting in the centre.
4. Use masking tape to remove any glitter that’s gone astray and neaten up the edges of your snazzy pout.
5. Use concealer to create a super sharp edge to your glitter lips.
We used… Benefit Stay Don’t Stray, £20.50
And you’re done! The most fabulous (and festive) perfect party glitter lips.
On the beauty hunt for THE perfect red lipstick for you? Look no further...