Preen SS12 - Hair how-to - Get the look - hairstyles
Paul says: "The Preen collection is modern and feminine, I wanted the hair to impart the same lightness, innocence and purity. We created a sleek silhouette to mirror the clean lines of the clothes.”
1. Prep hair by spritzing throughout with Aveda Volumizing Tonic, blow dry with a round brush. Work hair away from the face and neck to keep the hairline clean. If hair is dry or damaged, begin by prepping with Aveda Brilliant Damage Control, and follow with Aveda Volumizing Tonic.
2. Once dry, gently brush hair away from the face and let hair part naturally on the left side. Smooth hair with a fine-toothed comb and a light mist of Aveda Air Control Hair Spray.
3. On the right side of the head at the top of the ear, begin to twist hair toward the back of the head, staying just on top of the parietal ridge. Use a tail comb to neatly bring hair up into the roll, and secure the roll with “U” pins. Avoid twisting too tightly at this point.
4. Continue twisting toward the back of the head following the natural hairline. Twist all the way to the nape, secure hair with a clip.
5. Repeat twist on the left side, starting slightly lower, one to two inches above the top of the ear, sloping downward at the back of the head to create a “U” shape when twists meet at the nape.
6. Neatly brush hair upward from the hairline to create a seamless connection between the two twists. This gives the appearance of a single, smooth, twisted roll that snugly wraps around the head.
7. Use Aveda Air Control Hair Spray and the end of a tail comb to smooth all wisps and flyaways while replacing “U” pins with bobby pins, snugly tucked and hidden.
8. Finish with Aveda Brilliant Spray-On Shine.