Stunning as ever, Ophelia Lovibond joined InStyle to celebrate the EE British Academy Film Awards working an amazing Paule Ka dress picked out for her by InStyle’s Senior Fashion Editor, Nathalie Hartley. It wasn’t just her outfit choice we were impressed with; we loved her smouldering party make-up too. Her beauty look was centered around an edgy, smoky eye, using rich russets and browns.
Get tips on how to create her look at home by make-up artist, Justine Jenkins, who created her look using Lancôme products at InStyle’s Best of British party…
- Firstly, perfect skin with a fine layer of Lancôme’s Teint Visionnaire foundation (launching 14th February 2013).
- For a smokey eye, sweep Lancôme’s Blush Subtil in Mocha Havanna all over the lid and then use the lightest shade in the Lancôme Ombre Absolue Palette (Baby Glam) on the inner corners of the eyes. Next, use the darkest shade on the outer corners of the lids, blending into the socket line and the lower lash line.
- To add extra definition, smudge Lancôme’s Le Crayon Khol in Black along the upper lash line.
- Next, use Lancôme’s Hypnôse Drama mascara in to add thickness and volume to the lashes.
- To give cheeks a hint of youthful freshness, use Lancôme’s BAFTA limited edition Blush Subtil in Rose Sable which is a delicate vintage shade.
- Keep lips soft, so not to detract from the intensity of the eyes. In order to keep the whole look quite tonal, use Lancôme’s Rouge in Love lipstick in Rose Thé for a timeless yet modern look.
Ophelia also gave us her own beauty tip, revealing how she keeps her skin in check for the cameras. "My facialist told me to smooth Manuka honey over my face the night before a big event. Leave it on as a mask and the next day you get an amazing glow. It has exfoliating properties without being rough on the skin."
Watch our beauty how-to video for more party make-up inspiration.