Voluminous ponytail hairstyles are set to rule the hair charts, if New York Fashion Week and Kristen Stewart are anything to go by.
Twilight star Kristen Stewart become our number one celebrity hair crush when she stepped out at the New York screening of her new film On The Road working smart separates with a bouffant ponytail.
After swooning after Kristen's hairstyle, we spotted models storming the catwalk at Behnaz Sarafpour's spring summer 2013 fashion show sporting similar roughed-up voluminous ponytail hairstyles.
- Aveda's Global Creative Director Antoinette Beenders who created the ponytails at Behnaz Sarafpour reveals how to get the look….
- Prep hair with Aveda Pure Abundance Style Prep and blow dry with fingers, pulling hair straighter, but not flatter.
- Using a comb, separate a small section at the hairline above the forehead and comb forward to create a fringe.
- Gather hair at the crown and massage Aveda Pure Abundance Hair Potion in at the roots to create volume.
- Backcomb hair at the crown in chunky sections to add rough texture at the root. Clip this section at the top of the head.
- Pull hair back at the back of the head into a low ponytail at the nape and tie with an elastic band, keeping the pony flat to the neck.
- Release hair at the crown, bringing the top section down to the bottom ponytail. Secure the two together with an elastic.
- Fix with Aveda Control Force Firm Hold Hair Spray.