Want to get X Factor finalist Ella Henderson's glitzy look? We've got the lowdown exclusively from Julia Carta, Chief X Factor makeup artist...
- Preparation is key to getting Ella’s skin ready. We exfoliated her skin and prepared it with Vita Liberata Skin Plumping Peptide Mist, which regulates the pH of the skin. We then used a Vita Liberata illuminator to give the skin a beautiful illumination.
- I started with Ella’s eyes, and used Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion to ensure any make-up lasted. I then applied a tiny bit of Rimmel Perfect Match foundation on the lids and used a light coating of dusting powder to set the foundation and help prevent any transfer of any liquid eyeliner onto her eyeshadow.
- I then mapped out Ella’s flick eye shape by using Rimmel Exaggerate Waterproof Eyeliner in Noir 261, and used Kryolan Skin Liner and a set of Nouveau lashes to create that perfect exaggerated feline look. Rimmel Exaggerate Waterproof Eyeliner in Noir 261 on the underneath lash line, butcoming out at an angle towards the nose, gives her a wide eyed 60’s look. To add a bit more drama I added two crystals at the corner of the eye to open them up.
- Next I gave her an airbrushed look with Airbase airbrushing and foundation in no.1. Any imperfections were concealed with the Clinique Airbrush Concealer in 01 Fair. To highlight the cheekbones and her browbones, I used Rimmel Wake Me Up Instant Radiance Shimmer Touch in Radiant Rose 002, and abronzer from Guerlain contoured her cheekbones.
- Ella had her brows threaded and shaped by Shavata. and Benefit Brow Zings Shaping Kit to further define Ella’s brows.
- For the lips I used M.A.C. Lip Pencil in Spice and then applied M.A.C. Marilyn Monroe Lipstick in Pure Zen.
- Finally, Ella had her nails done in a gorgeous nude and multi-coloured glitter effect by Rebel Nails.