GET THE LOOK
MAC senior make-up artist Debbie Finegan creates her perfect party look just for InStyle...
If you prefer to take a walk more on the dark side this Christmas party season then this look is for you. A dynamic smoky eye with a hint of 'grown up sparkle' will compliment any LBD or party frock.
- Firstly, to create this look use a with a long lasting eyeshadow such as M.A.C Paintpot in For Effect RRP £13.50 and sweep across the eye lid. It's graphite looking in colour and in texture as it has the perfect glimmer under lights. Smoke up the lash line with M.A.C Eye Pencil in Ebony RRP £11.50, along the top and bottom lash lines and in the water line also, go heavy - don't be afraid. M.A.C Prep n Prime Lash Primer RRP £10.50 is a make-up artist's secret, apply before your mascara, allow to dry, to double the effect. M.A.C Zoomfast Black Mascara RRP £13.50 is the perfect complement to this clever product.
- To ensure you are ahead of the game, try one of the new M.A.C Metal - X Eye Shadows which were used everywhere backstage at the SS12 shows. To add a sleek, metallic finish to your eye lids add a wash on MAC Metal- X Eye Shadow in Gold Carbon RRP £15.50.
- A perfect flawless base is essential to pull off this look, so moisturise well and add M.A.C Prep n Prime Skin Primer RRP £18.00 to ensure your foundation lasts for the duration of the party. Next choose a long wearing formula like M.A.C Pro Long Wear Foundation RRP £22.50, it offers medium coverage and matteness for the skin, again to ensure perfection for longer. I adore M.A.C Studio Finish Concealer RRP £13.50 to hide any remaining secrets like blemishes, redness, pigmentation etc (pop in your bag to touch up later if needed it’s the perfect size).
- Finally, while a glow on the skin looks great, oiliness does not. Prevent this with the invisible touch of M.A.C Blot Powder (£17.50) and be sure in the knowledge that you will look fab in any photos during the night.
- For light skin tones add a touch of M.A.C Blusher in Strada RRP £26.00 to contour cheeks and lightly across the forehead. For medium skintones try M.A.C Harmony Blusher (£17.00) and deep skin tones MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Deep Dark RRP £20.50.
- Finally a nude lip will finish your party look perfectly. Try M.A.C Lip Pencil in Boldly Bare RRP £10.50 across the lips and top with M.A.C Viva Glam Lipstick in GaGa 2 RRP £13.50. For deeper skintone try the rich alternative of M.A.C Lip Pencil in Cork RRP £10.50 and top with MAC Lipstick in Touch RRP £13.50.