Adele’s trusted hair and make-up artist, Michael Ashton, shares the beauty secrets and products used to create the singer’s show-stopping beauty look at the Oscars 2013!
The beauty guru revealed: "For Adele's Academy Awards visage, I created a modern take on a classic look, focusing on her flawless complexion and high-volume lashes…"
Get the look:
Face: Create a luminous complexion by massaging Giorgio Armani Maestro Fusion Makeup into the skin. Add a sheer veil of Lancôme Teint Miracle Instant Retouch Pen near the inner tear ducts of the eye and high planes of the face. Use a large, soft powder brush to dust thet-zone with Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Powder.
Eyes: Brush brows into place using clear brow gel and then using feather strokes, fill and define with Giorgio Armani Brow Defining Pencil. Create a sultry eye by highlighting and contouring the socket with Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill Quad #6. Then extend the eye line with Maybelline Gel Liner and pump up the lashes with Lancôme Hypnôse Mascara.
Lips: For decorated but understated lips, fill with Giorgio Armani Lip Liner #12.Finger press Giorgio Armani Lip Maestro #500 onto the lips and finish by adding a touch of Sisley White Diamond Gloss.
- Start by thoroughly prepping the hair. Towel dry from wet, removing excess moisture before working through John Frieda Luxurious Volume Blow Out Spray on mid-lengths and ends.
- Flip the hair over with your head between your knees, blasting hot air down the hair shaft whilst finger drying - creating instant lift at your roots and thickness through the rest of your hair.
- Once the hair is almost 80 per cent dry, flip your hair back over and take large sections, smoothing them with a medium sized round brush. Pay particular attention to the ends to ensure they are bouncy and luscious.
- Next, section the hair into quarters - from ear to ear and then front to back – and using a medium-large sized hot tong take each section spritzing with John Frieda Frizz-Ease Heat Defeat for added protection and work it onto the barrel until the section is heated through. This will give hair a loose bend and in turn, a contemporary and feminine texture.
- Continue for the remaining three sections, ensuring that as you have finished curling each section you pin it in a barrel curl using a sectioning clip while it cools and sets.
- After 5-10 minutes, remove the sectioning clips, gentle tousle the hair before brushing and pinning into place then set and add the final polish using John Frieda Luxurious Volume Hairspray.